Author Topic: Ford 9N 6 cylinder Funk conversion  (Read 7609 times)

Luke084

• View Profile
Ford 9N 6 cylinder Funk conversion
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
Hello everyone,

Brand new to the forum. I was wondering if anybody could help me. I've just bought a 9N with a funk 6 cyl engine. Some pictures are here, will post more soon as I can:

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/Luke084/Ford%20Ferguson%20Funk%206%20Cylinder/

I wanted to try and find out as much as I can about the tractor. As you can see it has over sized wheels 6.00x16 fronts, 13x28 rears, is that a Funk conversion or Ford? It has an extension on the steering column, Funk or Ford? The seat spring and damper? I have started to strip her down now and I have begun to buy new electrical bits, but I'm quite concerned about the governor and throttle arrangement. It doesn't seem right. Where would be the best place to get replacement parts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Luke Watts.  

NeoCowboy

• View Profile
Re: Ford 9N 6 cylinder Funk conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
I also just picked up a ford 9N with a flat head 6 (254 but the serial # on the block).  From what I understand the coversion included increased hood length and height and used all the electrical components from the vehicle that was used as a doner so most with a flat six would also have a 12V system.

I'm not sure what the Funk or Ford is, I was told the engine adapter and kit was made by Ford in order to connect an inline six of V8 motor to the 9N transmission

I am also looking for any information I can get on opperation and maintanance of a 9N.  I plan to drain all the fluids and replace them before I use the tractor much because I don't know when the last time any of this was done.

Can someone tell me the oil types and capacity of the trans, differential, and maybe the engine as well?  My 9N also has the high/low addition which I read may be a ford 2speed transmission?

Thank,
Ethan