Author Topic: Perkins Diesel powered 9N - how to determine year of manufacture  (Read 20629 times)

9NP3

• View Profile
Hi, myself and a friend have recently aquired a Ford Ferguson 9N (i believe its a 9NAN) ....it was a ww2 import to the UK (part of the lease lend scheme) and has spent its working life in UK. At some point in its working life (approx 1953) it was converted to diesel using a Perkins P3TA diesel engine (an approved conversion from Perkins in the UK). It is my understanding that the Ford Ferguson 9N had the tractor serial no stamped on the engine (LH side) ....having the diesel conversion this presents a problem in dating the tractor...Are there any other methods of dating the tractor (casting codes/design changes etc). We believe it to be 1941 ...but this is a guess ..can anyone help ? Thanks Wayne

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Perkins Diesel powered 9N - how to determine year of manufacture
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
this may help...

http://www.oldfordtractors.com/idhistory.htm

Some casting codes on 9N-2N-8N engine blocks, transmission housings, and rear axle housings can also help pinpoint a date of manufacture. A code such as G187 would mean the part was cast on or after July 18th, 1947. D252 would be April 25th, 1952.