Author Topic: Anti-Sway Bars?  (Read 6547 times)

9NinArk

• View Profile
Anti-Sway Bars?
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
I picked up my first 9N last week and am learning the ropes.  I have a question regarding the 3-point hitch.  I noticed when using a 4' brush hog the other day that it sways from side to side quite a bit.  On my tractor I have the two lift arms and the center top link.  Is there something else that I am missing to prevent the swaying?  I did notice two other pins toward the bottom rear of the tractor.  Are these used for some extra bars?  Also, does anyone sell or has anyone fabricated some kind of shield that sits above the PTO shaft for protection?  It looks like one could be easily made out of metal and bolted to the top of the PTO assembly.

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Sway Bars?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
Yes there are sway bars for the N series tractors, I will post a picture of my 2N for you ASAP..... I use the sway bars for just about everything that mounts to the tractor...

jamesfpop

• View Profile
Re: Anti-Sway Bars?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »
Ditto
everything has a tendency to rub without sway bars pinned in.
Got my sway bars at Atwoods. They are simple, but I drilled the front pins so they would not fall out. The first two sway bar sets were destroyed by mower blades when the pin fell out. Besides it makes lots of racket!
PTO came off my mower the last time I used it and a guard would have been extremely handy. It made lots of racket too, when it seperated from the PTO output!
JP