Author Topic: Newbie needs help!  (Read 3311 times)

rp27g8

• View Profile
Newbie needs help!
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
I'm new to the 9N forum and am looking to buy a 9N, 2N or 8N.  I have found one that is complete and has a
Sherman transmission.  My problem is I don't know what to look for in one of these tractors.  The tractor is not running but "supposedly" had the engine rebuilt 4-5 years ago and hasn't been used much since because they bought a Kubota.  The engine is a different color red thatn the rest of the driveline.  plugs look new but Ipulled one and it looked like it had been run.    I'm trying to get the name of the person who did the rebuild.  As it sets the distributor is out because they were changing the points.  It has a new carb and it has been converted to 12 volt.  We did get the tractor to crank and it sounds good with no unusual noise and the oil looks good and clean with no sign of water or anything else in it.  They drained the radiator so I din't see anything there.  They say the "chain" is off the 3 point and the cover over the 3 point control on the right side has most of the bolts loose.  The tires are weathered but it comes with an extra set of rears that are nice as well as a 5' blade.  It looks like it nees seals in the 3 pt.  The tractor is pretty clean and any dirt/dust looks like it's from sitting.  I have a couple pictures but don't know how to post here yet.  So, what do I need to check and wat do you think it's worth?  Thanks!

rfbraunjr

• View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
Without pictures its not easy to do.  The fact that it is not running right now greatly reduces the price, since it cannot be verified that it will run.  But all things concidered, $1000.00 bucks is a good price for seller and buyer.