Author Topic: 9N--Hyd Lift Prob  (Read 9530 times)

JWB

• View Profile
9N--Hyd Lift Prob
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
I have a Question about the lift...I have recently acquired this lil 9n...runs good,..put new tires on etc...
My question is---when i was mowing,...the lift either wants to go up or down...it won't stay 'set'...the shredder is either raising or lowering it seems all the time...pretty aggrivating!...anything i can adjust?
thanks for any help......jwb---Lockhart,texas

jimski2

• View Profile
Re: 9N--Hyd Lift Prob
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:49:46 AM »
There is supposed to be a 3/4 inch null area in tne valve control where the fluid goes neither up or down. An adjustment can be done according to the service manual. If something is leaking, then there is a rebuild that can be done.

jimski2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »
www.ntractorclub.com

The "how to" area has a story that the 9n & 2n are either up or down but a device called a "Zane thing" can convert it to holding it where you set it.

ben

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »
I had the same problem with my 9n. When brush hogging it was all but impossible to get the brush hog to stay at a set height, it would move either up or down.  I finally corrected the problem by adjusting the main spring which is located externally, above the differential housing, where the top link hooks up.  To adjust the spring, remove the pin that holds it to the bracket that the top link mounts to, then turn in untill there is no end play, but you can turn the spring around with your fore-finger and thumb.  It took care of the problem for me, I hope this is helpfull.

9n hound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »
On my 9n it came with 2 angle iron brackets that bolt to each fender and a chain that is welded to the lift arms. The angle iron has a slit cut in it for the chain to fit in. I rain my mower to the hieght I want and put the chain in the slot on both sides then just lower it untill it chains are holding the mower. Wish I new how to put a picture on here it would simplify it alot.