Author Topic: 9N Starts fine then runs rougher and rougher and after 5 minutes dies  (Read 5600 times)

Forrest

• View Profile
Just completed new main bearings, new rod bearings, valves, etc. Started work about a year ago, then sidelined by a knee injury, just started 9N up a few minutes ago, same fuel was in tank from last year... Have to keep choke rod out 1/2 inch to smooth out engine. Then developed a miss then died. Battery, year old, charged, then engine started through engine start on battery charger. I have been driving this since I was 10, I'm 60 now, and it was my grandfather's tractor, so I have more than a running interest in the tractor so to speak. Thinking fuel, thinking weak battery, weak spark...? Has new wires, new coil, new plugs....". Anything I may have missed, would appreciate a reply.

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 9N Starts fine then runs rougher and rougher and after 5 minutes dies
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »
Check the resistor for the coil...

Drewsons

• View Profile
Re: 9N Starts fine then runs rougher and rougher and after 5 minutes dies
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
Just completed new main bearings, new rod bearings, valves, etc. Started work about a year ago, then sidelined by a knee injury, just started 9N up a few minutes ago, same fuel was in tank from last year... Have to keep choke rod out 1/2 inch to smooth out engine. Then developed a miss then died. Battery, year old, charged, then engine started through engine start on battery charger. I have been driving this since I was 10, I'm 60 now, and it was my grandfather's tractor, so I have more than a running interest in the tractor so to speak. Thinking fuel, thinking weak battery, weak spark...? Has new wires, new coil, new plugs....". Anything I may have missed, would appreciate a reply.

Did you manage to pinpoint the problem? I'm interested to hear what the problem was.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:42:36 AM by Drewsons »