Author Topic: 9N Just Wont Start  (Read 12430 times)

younggeezer

• View Profile
9N Just Wont Start
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
I have a 9N that I replaced the manifold due to the exhaust leaking.  Since the replacement, the tractor will not start.  I have installed and new battery, new ignition switch, points, condenser, cap, rotor, spark plugs and resister.  the tractor will turn over, but it will not start.  The tractor is still 6v.  Ya got any ideas what to look for or try now?

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 9N Just Wont Start
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »
Does it have spark?

younggeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:52 AM »
It does have fire to the coil, but no fire to the plugs??

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »
My guess is that it is the coil.
Also make sure the dropping resistor is ok.

younggeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »
UPDATE!  Installed a new electronic ignition module on the tractor, it now has fire!!  But now the carb is not flowing right.  New project!.

jamesfpop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 01:01:57 PM »
I'm following you.

I need to overhaul after the ignition too. I don't want to, but my father in-law is likely to balk at the price of a new carb. Remove and replace is my normal mode of repair, but funding must be available for projects.

I think I will start by fixing or changing the breather, maybe K&N filter. Any comments on this?????

James

Kirk-NJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
The oil filtered air cleaner is the best design for keeping the dirt and dust out as long as it is cleaned and the oil changed. If your area is not that dusty and you want to change it's up to you.

Kirk

I'm following you.

I need to overhaul after the ignition too. I don't want to, but my father in-law is likely to balk at the price of a new carb. Remove and replace is my normal mode of repair, but funding must be available for projects.

I think I will start by fixing or changing the breather, maybe K&N filter. Any comments on this?????

James