Author Topic: Hand Brake on Ford Ferguson 9N Tractor  (Read 8428 times)

9NP3

• View Profile
Hand Brake on Ford Ferguson 9N Tractor
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi, Does anyone know whether Ford Ferguson 9N tractors were fitted with a Hand Brake ? On a 9N that a friend and I have recently aquired there is what looks to be a hand brake lever mounted on the left hand side of the rear axle casing (in front of the PTO control lever), it looks to be a factory fit but I have not seen one fitted on any photograph's I have seen of other 9N's ? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Wayne

42ford9n

• View Profile
Re: Hand Brake on Ford Ferguson 9N Tractor
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »
can you post some pics or send the pics to my email? never heard of a handbrake.

9NP3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Hi, please see attached photo, unfortunately the tractor is in poor condition at the moment, but the handbrake and linkage can be clearly seen. I could imagine the handbrake lever being a home made item when looking at it, but the casting on the brake shaft looks to be a factory fit casting ? any information on this (was it an option ?) would be appreciated

42ford9n

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
wow thats pretty neat. it is a hand brake. all the other fords ive seen none of them had a hand brake. did you try and search the internet for info? i unfortunatley cannot help you with that. my guess is it was a special option so if you pushed in the clutch and needed to pull the brake on the same side as the clutch you could pull it with your hand. just an idea.