Author Topic: Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number  (Read 9111 times)

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »
Subject:   Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number
Name:   Tony Russell
Date Posted:   Sep 5, 06 - 3:59 PM
IP Address:   24.26.137.98
Email:   trussell70@hotmail.com
Message:   Greetings. I am the new owner of a Ford 9N and trying to locate the serial number as there are no papers for this tractor. Trying to determine the year and features, etc.

I found a four-digit number *1273* on the left side of the engine block near the starter mounting location. But I am not certain this is the right place. A buddy told me it should have the prefix 9N before the serial number.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
trussell70@hotmail.com

9nford

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:57:30 PM »
Subject:   Re: Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number
Name:   Gregg
Date Posted:   Sep 13, 06 - 8:52 PM
IP Address:   64.85.251.36
Email:   2gs@astound.net
Message:   sounds like your looking in the correct spot, it should be located between the starter and oil filter canister on a flat spot on the block. Your friend is right, both 9N and 2N's start with 9NXXXXX. Look closely and use some sand paper, sometimes these tractor have lots of paint on them which makes it hard to see these numbers

KevBob

• View Profile
Re: Trying to locate my 9N Serial Number
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
I recently purchased a 9n, found a star above the flat spot, but only '627' was stamped on the flat spot on the block.  I used sandpaper to lightly rub the paint off and that's it - 627.  Not only did it not start with 9N, it also didn't have the star before or after it.  Is it possible earlier models weren't formed the same or should I assume this isn't the original block?