Author Topic: 9n hydraulic pump assembly - cam block orientation?  (Read 5317 times)

Gil

9n hydraulic pump assembly - cam block orientation?
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
I was a dumb ass today when taking apart a hyd. for a 9N and didn't notice the orientation of the cam blocks in the pump pistons.  The repair manual only shows one of the pistons / cam blocks - cam block flanges facing to the front of the pump/ tractor.

Should the flanges of the cam blocks face each other between the two pistons or should they be placed in each piston so the flanges face the front of the pump / tractor?  We tried with the flanges facing each other but the pistons were spread apart a bit too much to fit into the cylinders on the valve covers.  If the flanges face the front of the pump / tractor the whole assembly seems a little sloppy.  The wear marks on the old cam blocks would suggest the two blocks were not facing each other between the two pistons.

I've seen some photos of pumps from 8N tractors and the cam block flanges face each other between the two pistons - I understand the 9N and 8N pumps are slightly different so maybe the cam block orientation is not the same.

thanks in advance for helping!!

lha

• View Profile
Re: 9n hydraulic pump assembly - cam block orientation?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »
I think the flanges should face each other,having said that,you should ask a tractor mechanic or service personel at new holland about it.It has been years since I had the pump apart---lha

ontarioparts

• View Profile
Re: 9n hydraulic pump assembly - cam block orientation?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »
I haven't worked on the 9N, but I have attached the parts diagram. Hope it helps.

Picture is on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/45432418@N05/4242341438/

best regards
Marlon Khan